A quesadilla is a popular savory Mexican turnover, stuffed with a cheese filling. I just love bean quesadillas. Gooey, rich, filling-they,re comforting in a milion ways. Beans are great for a healthy heart too.This vegetarian recipe will be a hit with the kids, as well as the adults……
- 2 large or 4 small tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, finaly chopped
- 1 green chilli (optional
- 1/2 tsb ground cumin
- 400g can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Spray a saucepan with oil and saute the garlic, chili (if using) and cumcin for 2-3 min, until softened. Add the mixes beans and quartered tomatoes and cook for for 10-12 mins, until the liquid has nearly evaporated and the sauce thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the bean mixture onto the tortilla and scatter over the coriander and cheese.
Preheat a griddle pan and spray with oil. Place the torillas in the pan and cook for 2-3 min on each side, until golden. Serve immediately.